New recipe alert! These cookies are a delightful combo of sweet and salty with a hint of butter toffee goodness. Recipe follows. Give it a try.
Salted Butterscotch Cookies
These Butterscotch baking chips are perfect for my chocolate chip cookie base. The butter toffee flavor of the dough blends so well with the butterscotch flavor and the salt saves them from being overly sweet.
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 bag Toll House Butterscotch baking chips
- 3 tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- Turn oven on to 350 and prepare 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- in a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and 1 tsp of sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat room temperature butter for one minute. Add sugars and cream together for 1-2 minutes, until the butter and sugar are light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time beating until fully combined.
- When the eggs and vanilla are fully combined with the butter and sugar turn off the mixer and add 1/2 of the dry ingredients. Mix well. When the flour mixture is integrated, add the remaining flour mixture and beat until the dough comes together.
- Turn the mixer to low and pour your bag of butterscotch chips in the dough. Let it mix for another 10-20 seconds.
- Using a large cookie scoop, make 8 mounds of dough on 3 cookie sheets. Top with a pinch of sea salt flakes.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 12 minutes each. Turning 1/2 way through the baking time.
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.